Cool opportunity to work on Ascension Island!
Seabird Monitoring and Research
- Regular visits to seabird monitoring sites for data collection (measures of colony size, distribution and productivity) as identified in the Biodiversity Action Plan.
- Input of data into the seabird database(s).
- Working with the Seabird Conservation Scientist to update the domestic cat database and remaining vigilant to ensure that Ascension Island remains free from feral cats.
- Working with the Seabird Conservation Scientist to research the influences of rats on the seabird populations and to develop a strategy for targeted control.
- Work with project partners, including the Army Ornithological Society and RSPB, and provide research updates and reports as necessary.
- Assist with seabird rehabilitation when required.
- Maintenance of equipment used in the seabird programme.
Check out this website for details: