Heads up seabirders!
After our field season hiatus, Meet the Masters is back! We have three sessions coming up between now and WSC2.
The next "Meet the Masters" session with Dr. Thierry Boulinier and Dr. Bill Sydeman is scheduled for 13 August 2015 at 1400 GMT (that's 1000 EDT in the US, 1500 BST in the UK). All the ECS spots have been spoken for, but you can still get in on the conversation. Tweet your questions on Twitter with hashtag #MTMSC or submit them to the comments on the YouTube broadcast page. Tune in to watch the live broadcast or watch the archived video at your convenience.
There are still spaces left in MTMSC 5, and MTMSC 6 for ECS's who want to join the conversation. Please consider signing up if you are an early career scientist or pass along to any early career researcher who might be interested! We hope to get ECS's to participate from many career stages, from undergraduate students to post-doctoral researchers.
MTMSC 4: Ecosystem synthesis in a changing climate
- Featuring Dr. Thierry Boulinier and Dr. William Sydeman
- Live session 13 August 2015, 1400 GMT
- Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_ITn971dcdQ
MTMSC 5: Southern Exposure - Perspectives from the South Atlantic
- Featuring Dr. Leandro Bugoni and Dr. Ross Wanless
- Practice session: 10 September 2015, 1500 GMT
- Live session: 17 September 2015, 1500 GMT
- Sign up: http://goo.gl/forms/7twJ2oGBQm
- Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/cUqqPTjzSIk
MTMSC 6: Island conservation in a community context
- Featuring Dr. Peter Hodum and Dr. David Towns
- Practice session: 28 September 2015, 20:00 GMT
- Live Session: 5 October 2015, 20:30 GMT
- Sign up: http://goo.gl/forms/0gDVgoGPIH
- Watch on Youtube: https://youtu.be/6Uq6_ICDPag
For more information, and to find these links all in one place visit our webpage on the World Seabird Conference website: http://www.worldseabirdconference.com/meet-the-masters-conference-series/.
If you are interested in just watching the sessions, there is no need to sign up - go to our YouTube channel Meet the Masters WSC2 at the time of the session and click on the live event video stream. You can also get in touch with me at email@example.com or my co-organizer Sjurdur Hammer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please consider bringing your perspective and curiosity to the conversation!
Thanks, Amanda Gladics & Sjurdur Hammer