MARINE ECOLOGIST POSITION
Point Blue is hiring a Senior Marine Spatial Ecologist to help us drive climate-smart conservation actions off the Sonoma coast and across the entire California Current ecosystem.
The Marine Ecologist will play a key role in Point Blue's strategic initiative to conserve ocean food webs by helping to:
1) identify the effects of climate change on marine wildlife distribution patterns and the location and function of food web hot spots,
2) guide ocean adaptation planning, management, and zoning to improve the conservation of threatened ocean resources within California's National Marine Sanctuaries,
3) use monitoring and citizen science to inform public outreach and policy recommendations that will reduce human impacts on marine wildlife, and
4) coordinate and support collaborative science and resource management activities with key agencies and stakeholders.
The Marine Ecologist will work collaboratively with staff across the California Current Group and Point Blue, as well as externally with public and private partners to carry out research and monitoring, perform analyses, engage in policy and resource management discussions, and disseminate results. Supervision will be provided by Point Blue's California Current Group Director.
(1) cover letter describing qualifications and reasons for interest in this position and Point Blue,
(2) complete CV/resume, and
(3) contact information (including phone numbers and e-mail addresses) for 3 references to email@example.com with "Marine Ecologist" in the subject line. Applicants may be subject to background checks. Application deadline is May 31, 2015; the position will remain open until a successful candidate has been identified.